A garbage chutes system is a long vertical space passing by each floor in a building. It consist of door on each floor where residents can through the waste into the chute. This door is usually contained in a small room on each floor. Garbage placed in the chute drops to a compactor or dumpster at the bottom.
Garbage chutes are mechanisms that connect trash from each floor of a building, select floors of each building via a chute, allowing all trash to collectively compile in a singular location. Garbage chutes are essential to apartment buildings, and make for an effective way to dispose of trash
Types of Garbage Chutes
There are two types of chutes , short chutes and large chute. Garbage chutes are common in high-rise apartment buildings and are used to collect all the building’s garbage in one place. Often the bottom end of the chute is placed directly above a large waste container. In Construction chutes are used to remove rubble and similar demolition materials safely from taller buildings. A garbage chute system is a long vertical space passing by each floor in a building. It includes a door on each floor where residents can dispose of their garbage into the chute. This door is usually contained in a small room on each floor. Garbage placed in the chute drops to a compactor or dumpster at the bottom.
Installation of garbage chute
- On the first floor above the discharge room, place a floor support angle over floor opening with cross members parallel to the intake door
- Set the first intake section into the floor opening and seat the supporting ring over the floor support.
- After first intake section has been set, slip the beaded end of the plain chute section into the intake section making sure it is sealed all around. Some floor heights may require multiple straight sections. Check with level to plumb chute as installation proceeds.
- After installation of the top intake section and final straight sections, install the chute head plate. Connect the flexible or semi rigid hose and extend it to connect to the chute vent section above the roof.
- Place vent assembly over the section protruding through the roof, until the vent is seated onto the roof. Secure the vent body to the flexible hose. Attach counter flashing to the vent pipe. The roofer may then finish over the flashing assembly.
- Once the complete chute is erected, use the extra sound dampening supplied to cover any compensation sections unpainted at the factory.
- After all of chute walls have been erected, starting at the first intake floor, connect the electrical cables, plumb and level intake doors. Make sure that the face of the doors is flush to the erected wall finish.
- Complete installation in the discharge room. Slip the discharge sleeve, this sleeve has 4 angle clips on each end, over the section of chute projecting through the first floor slab. Match the clips and secure with long bolts and nuts. Secure the discharge in the same manner to the sleeve.
- Slide the door back and connect the fusible link to the angle clip on the bottom of the door
Why to choose us?
We served many clients for garbage chutes in Dubai and ensure the quality, maintenance and affordable services in Dubai as well as the surrounding counties. So, Contact Us at +971528078039 or email us on email@example.com today for a no commitment free quotation. We also give you a space to visit or send you a quote via email. We are available 24/7 to complete all your needs.